Professor in Practice Joe Favour cv
- Department Head
- BLA, University of Minnesota
- MLA, Harvard Graduate School of Design
Joe's teaching and practice interests are focused on the intersection of current practice, evolving graphic technology (2d drawing, 3d rendering, and data-based modeling programs like GIS or BIM), the implementation process of built work, and cost/material/performance implications of design. This is important because professional practice is evolving rapidly in response to emerging technologies in materials, computer applications, and revised cost models. This has affected the structure of offices, how projects are completed, the method they are delivered, and the business models of practice. I plan to continue to practice and bring those experiences into my teaching and academic work.
- oslund.and.associates, Minneapolis
- Sanders, Wacker, Bergly, St. Paul
- Habiger, Kretman, Shaffer, St. Paul
- 2011. American Society of Landscape Architects, Minnesota Chapter Honor Award. Target Plaza at Target Field, Minneapolis.
- 2010. American Institute of Architects Honor Award. MacArthur Park Connections Master Plan, Little Rock, Arkansas.
- 2009. American Society of Landscape Architects, Minnesota Chapter Merit Award. MacArthur Park Connections Master Plan, Little Rock, Arkansas.
- 2010. American Institute of Architects Honor Award. St. John’s Abbey and Monastery Guesthouse, Collegeville, Minnesota.
- 2008. American Society of Landscape Architects, Colorado Chapter Honor Award. Bloomington Central Station Park, Bloomington, Minnesota.
- 2007. American Society of Landscape Architects, Minnesota Chapter Merit Award. Gold Medal Park, Minneapolis.
- 2007. American Society of Landscape Architects, Minnesota Chapter Merit Award. St. Paul Central Library Courtyard, St. Paul.
- 2007. American Society of Landscape Architects, Minnesota Chapter Merit Award. Private Residence, Minnetonka, Minnesota.
- Favour, Joseph. 2010. Building the New I-35 St. Anthony Falls Bridge. Land and Water Magazine, January/February: 8–13
- 2006. Twisted Planes: A Secret Garden. University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, Chaska, Minnesota.
- LA3002. Informants of Creating Landscape Space
- LA3571/5571. Landform Systems and Spatial Performance
- LA5201. Making Landscape Spaces and Types
- LA8201. Designing Landscapes for Dwelling and Settlement
- LA8555. Advanced Landscape Planning and Design
- LA8575. The Art and Ecology of Landscape Detail